Composed of some of the most complicated and precise pieces of machinery in your vehicle, the drivetrain is responsible for transferring power from the engine to the wheels. Due to the intricate nature of the drivetrain, any small flaws can quickly proliferate into some of the most damaging and expensive repairs, so it’s important to catch these problems early.
If you hear a clicking noise when turning, have trouble changing gears, or hear a grinding noise when you do, or you notice a burning smell coming from under the bonnet after a drive, you may have a problem with your vehicle’s transmission.
Edwardstown Quality Automatics can provide the following drivetrain services:
If you’ve noticed any of the warning signs listed above, contact us today!
- Clutch repair and replacement
- Automatic and manual transmission service, repairs and reconditioning
- Differential service, repairs and reconditioning
- Transfer case service, repairs and reconditioning
- CV and U joint repair or replacement
Manual Gearbox and Clutches
The clutch allows the transmission to become disconnected from the engine through friction control. This is important as the different gears spin at different speeds, and without the clutch to disengage and re-engage with the engine without them destroying each other.
Edwardstown Quality Automatics can fully repair or replace any damaged gearboxes or clutches, so no matter what you need, get in touch today!
Differentials and Transfer Cases
The differential is a complicated piece of machinery that allows two wheels on the same axle to rotate at different speeds. This is fundamental to the ability to turn your vehicle.
The transfer case takes power from the transmission and splits it between the front and rear driveshafts, and is a vital component of all wheel and 4 wheel drive.
If your vehicle has a differential or tansfer case issue, contact one of our friendly staff today!
For both older and modern vehicles, fitting a transmission cooler is a must. Modern vehicles create extra heat around transmission area caused by catalytics converters and turbo chargers
The colder you can keep your transmission, the more efficient and durable it becomes.
A transmission cooler can:
- Prolong transmission life and prevent expensive repairs (a large number of transmission repairs are due to transmission fluid overheating)
- Decrease the load on your engine radiator
- Help when modifications such as bull bar, bigger tyres, roof racks and spot lights etc are added to your vehicle which results in extra load and heat directly to your transmission.
Edwardstown Quality Automatics are experts at transmission restorations, and we can repair everything from weekenders, your pride and joy, classics, any vehicle 30 years or older.
Towing and 4WD Upgrades
Here at Edwardstown Quality Automatics, we offer a wide array of upgrades for your 4WD or towing vehicle, including, but not limited to:
- Transmission coolers
- Valve body upgrades
- Temperature gauge
- Lock up override kit